






We took a trip to California with my Brothers and Sister to continue on a tradition that started 20 years ago. So here is a little history on that matter. When I was nine we took a trip to California to go to Disneyland. On our way back to B.C. we stopped at a little rest area outside Sacramento and took this picture. 10 years later we went back, found the exact same tree and took another picture. This year was again 10 years later so we decided to go and find the tree again. Come to find out that this empyt field was all that remained of our precious tree. Sacramento has been growing along with all the other cities around and in order to make way for the new development they tore the rest area down. So we decided to find another tree and take a picture for sentimental reasons. We found one just outside of Vallejo. We decided as a group to plan our next trip to where ever we want and find another tree. While we were there we also took in a Oakland A's game, and did tons of shopping. A trip to San Fransisco was also in mind, but after a 4 1/2 hour drive that should have taken only 1 1/2 hours, we decided against it. I think Emmy enjoyed her first plane ride and she traveled really well. I think 6 weeks old is the best time to travel with kids. All they do is eat and sleep. We were grateful to have Grandmas and Grandpas around to watch Hadley and Rawley since we left them behind. Next time we will hopefully be able to take the entire gang.

3 comments:
AWWW! It's so sad that your tree is missing. I love having traditional family pictures. Everytime me and my family get together I go through and find the funniest picture of all of us. Then I edit it to make it even more rediculous and send it to everyone. :)
Yes! I'm so glad you posted the all the old pictures too. So cute! Too bad the old tree was gone.
That sounds like so much fun! Good for you guys.
Post a Comment