Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Tile and Paint all in one Day!

So today I had a full house again, we had our kitchen back splash tiled and some more of the basement painted. Hooray! One more day and the kitchen will be complete. Mind you it only took us 2 years to do. We had every intention of putting it up ourselves but in the end decided that if it was ever going to happen we would have to hire a professional (totally worth every penny).My husband the interior decorator made the final choice, and I think it works well for what we were going for. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Again here are the before shots.




Here are the Afters



I thought that I had better include a close up of the tiles as well.




The shadows are bad I know but I just took them so it was too dark to use the natural light.

7 comments:

The Brandleys said...

I think all you need now are stainless steel appliances, just my personal opinion. I think it looks totally awesome though. I love the tile.

Jen said...

Hey it is all looking great. I love to see before and after shots. Especially when I'm not the one who had to do the work.

Camille said...

Looks amazing!! No surprise there, though! I especially love the darker cabinets and the tile. I would like to request some posts on decorating and choosing colors. Maybe that would help with the panic attacks when I pull out the paint chips...

Allison said...

WOW! What a change. You guys are really good at this, you ought to start flipping houses.

Devynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! I hope my before and afters look this amazing. You guys have the best taste! LOVE IT! I would love to have our cabinets stained walnut or whatever the dark stain is you used, but right now I just have to live with the oak. I'm just happy to have a nice kitchen LOL. I wish I could see this all in person! Missing you guys!

Heather said...

It really looks great. I'm picking my tile for my new house this week, I really like yours!

Nicole said...

I love, love, love, your kitchen...and to think that you guys did a lot of it yourself...impressive!! I love the tiling and dark stain. It makes everything look very warm and inviting. How exciting!