Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

A little parade and a lot of play!

We had a fun time this year for Canada Day, it usually begins with a trip to Raymond to watch the parade! We love this because Grandpa and Grandma have the best spot picked out and saved for us each year pretty close to the beginning. This means of course a lot of candy for the kids to collect! I don't think that they care all that much for the parade itself only for the candy they throw! Mind you they did have one band that Rawley sure enjoyed and busted out a few moves for! We also had a yummy lunch and visited with everyone that came out for the festivities! My older brother Trevor also turned us onto geocaching. Ever heard of it??? Me either! It was fun! We followed a set of directions using a hand held GPS in search of treasure! Well not real treasure but it was fun trying to find what had been hidden and to add our names to the list! Apparently there were 5 to find in Raymond and close to 500 in Lethbridge. We may tackle some of those on a later date! We had dinner plans at Grandma and Papa's so that took care of the cooking for the day! It was so nice to get a break! But opted out of the fireworks because 11pm is just too late in my books for a 2 year old to be up till. The festivities did not end there for us because the next day we headed back to Raymond! Grandma had rented the brand new pool for an hour for all of us to go swimming! I am terrible because I of course had my camera but left it in the car. It was really fun! Can't wait to go back, but think that the best time to use it is if it has been reserved for just a few! I can only imagine how crowded it gets during public swim. Rawley also finished his speech group that he has been attending for the last 7 weeks and my sister is here for 2 weeks visiting! Now the only problem I am having is figuring out how to get everything done during the day and still get to have some play time! Hopefully it won't be that hard considering that we now have something filling up our backyard!

2 comments:

Life as a Kenessey said...

FUN...I totally need to come out there one year for RAYMOND DAYS...I remember how great it was!! Also I love your backyard play place....your kids are lucky!!

Amy said...

I love your fabric magnets, thanks again.
Can we come play at your park? So fun!