Tuesday, January 5, 2010
It finally happened....
we had our first visit to the ER tonight! I guess I should be happy that we managed to elude it as long as we did, and knock on wood that our next visit doesn't happen for another very long time! So I know that you are all dying to hear the story so here goes. The lucky winner of the visit was of course Emmy, turns out she has just as much curiosity as her older brother. The reason? Apparently she didn't get the memo about not putting things in her nose! We started at the walk in clinic where after a couple of different techniques it was still stuck. Then a call to the ear nose and throat specialist on call with no luck. Next a call to the ER for a consult and the decision to go there to try using some suction, because it was not available at the clinic. Thankfully there was no wait at the hospital and after only being there for about 10 minutes it came out on it's own. And what was this mysterious object that caused all of the hubbub.
A tiny little back pixo that she found on the floor. I guess we will be making sure that each and every one that gets dropped from now on is found. Emmy survived the ordeal and I am glad they didn't end up using the suction because I think that might have made it more traumatic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Haha, go Emmy! You're SO LUCKY the hospital wait wasn't longer. We'll have to keep our pixos cleaned up too I guess.
Addy is so cute, I can't believe she's 3 months already!
Whew! Glad it wasn't worse! Glad she is okay. Had me worried!
We had the same experience, but with a small metal BB and we had no idea where it came from. I just don't understand the fascination kids have with putting things in/out of their noses.:) Glad you had a safe ending.
darn those pixos! austin begged and begged for them for christmas. thanks for the heads up. or should i say nose? ha ha
Ha, with Ella it was polly pocket doll shoe. I can't believe every family has a kid that does this.
That's the best....my sister used to love to put corn, peas and rocks up her nose!! It's probably scary while it's going on but it makes for a funny story!!
Glad she is alive and well!! Haven't had that or the haircutting thing with Hallie yet! Time will tell. Your kids are darling!
How come it's the little girls that end up doing more than these crazy boys? Mallory has had more stiches and trips to the er than all three of my boys combined. I am glad it was retrieved successfully.
Fortunately for us, only fingers go up our noses.
I'm glad it all turned out ok!
Post a Comment