We also took our one and only family vacation of the year. So far they have always consisted of heading to the condo in Montana. We had a beautiful week! We couldn't have asked for better weather. We hit the water slides of course, did a fair bit of shopping, spent a day at the lake, ate more food than we should have and got to spend it with Pat's sister and her family which was great! She has all of the pictures from the trip and as soon as I can get my hands on a few of them I will be able to show all of you just how much fun we had! I just have to wait until they get home from Mexico!
Next up is Birthday time! We had a small celebration with the Grandparents which was nice. It was also nice to have Pat's parents there! The got home from their mission just in time! We all went for dinner and then back to our house for cake and presents! This was Hadley's choice for her cake.
Not perfect per say, but I was trying to make it a little more substantial than the actual idea. It was originally just cupcakes on a wooden artist palette. I made the palette out of cake!
I have also chosen to allow my kids to have a friend party every other year starting at age 6. This means that we will be having 2 friend parties this year! The only trouble with friend parties and a summer birthday is that I can never figure out when the best time is to have it. Thankfully Hadley's birthday is at the end of the summer and I don't feel all bad making her wait a couple of weeks until school is back in to celebrate it! I mean she technically already had a party! I have decided to make it smaller this year with a maximum of 5 friends. Last time it was crazy! This choice of course is for my sanity alone! Now I have to figure out how to entertain 6 eight year olds for 2 hours! Any suggestions?
Hadley is also getting baptized tomorrow! Where has the time gone! I am not sure I am ready for this, but I know she is! We are very excited to be able to watch her make this choice, we know she is ready and has been anticipating this all year long. Let's just say we have been to quite a few baptisms this year so far! More on that hopefully tomorrow, but for now I am off to bed!

2 comments:
Very cute cake! Congrats Hadley on your baptism.
Wish I could be there! Hooray Hadley you are such a grown up girl!
Post a Comment