Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Snow?

We always get snow the beginning of Spring around here. I have learned not to jump the gun when the weather starts turning warm because we tend to have one last snow storm of the season to give us a little reminder of what we just went through for the last 6 months. I am really hoping this is that storm. Not a huge storm but enough to put a slight damper on my weekend. This also was not welcomed news considering I was running a race Saturday night! Turned out to be just fine for running. Not to cold and the snow was actually kind of pretty! This was my second year running this exact race, and I was able to take 6 minutes off my time from last year. My time was 38 minutes and a few seconds or so. Can't remember exactly and don't want to look it up! It was nice to have Pat and my mom cheer me on this time, and even see me cross the finish.

Monday after school I sent the kids outside to play in the snow, because I knew it wouldn't last. It was perfect snowman building snow which is rare around these parts. Rawley made a great snow monster and I wanted to share him with all of you.

1 comment:

The Brandleys said...

I Love his monster! Snow sure would be fun... Oh well I guess I'll live without it for now! Good job on the race!