Saturday, March 10, 2007

That HURT!!!


Wow I can't believe it has been over a week since my last post. I really need to have more exciting things happen to me. Well here is one thing. On Sunday we were having a very uneventful afternoon. Pat was gone to visit some old friends in Calgary which is about 2 hours away. My kids and I were fighting some colds so we stayed in the majority of the day. While my youngest was napping my daughter was doing some coloring on the computer and I was in the next room. She decided it would be a fun game to color something then come and get me and lead me with my eyes closed to see what she had done. We had done this for a couple of times when all of a sudden. Whack! I had been concentrating so hard not to stub my toe on one side of the door that I overcompensated and kicked the otherside. I hit my little toe hard! So hard that I was fighting back tears, I didn't want to cry in front of her. I think that I may have broken it but I was not going to spend 5 hours in the emergency room with 2 kids to find out. The next day it looked like this. I still haven't had a doctor look at it. I can walk on it but when I wear shoes it's not very comfortable. I guess I should just make that appointment and get it over with. My luck they will put it in a cast for the next 6 weeks. Won't that be fun! My advice to everyone with small kids. Keep your eyes open!

2 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Ouch!! i hope you had a doctor look at that foot!! oh and also you need to take more pictures. especially pregnant pictures, i was thinking about it and i've never seen you pregnant. it's only fair. you got to see me. anyway i'm glad things are geting warmer. things here are already way too hot. talk to you soon. we love you!!

Jamie said...

oh my word!! i totally would have cried!!