Friday, March 14, 2008

Last one for the day!

So I don't have this room entirely complete, but I did want to post it for my sister Renee. I told her that I had painted my laundry room green and she was curious to what green. It does look pretty bright and I haven't added the cabinets and shelves to tone it down yet but once they are in I know it won't be such a shock. This is the only room I could convince my husband to let me paint this color, because I know he will never go in it. We actually changed it a lot. We added the wash tub, and moved the position of the dryer. I think it makes more sense this way. The previous owner had a thing for sponge painting. Again here are the before and afters.


Before




After





The dryer hose looks like a big silver snake, but I am planning to hide it on the shelves that we are putting up. The final finished picture will be on once that is done. I do have to mention the flooring that we used. It is cork and I love it. Very easy to care for and so warm. Which is nice because it is a basement. For any of you wanting a warm flooring idea for your basement bathrooms, etc. I highly recommend this.

7 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

That is so fun that you are remodeling. It's like getting a new house! And I LOVE your kitchen. I'm really really jealous and I can't wait to own a house that I can do fun stuff like that to.

Camille said...

Wow, that is GREEN! How fun! Thanks for the tip on the cork flooring, I will have to look into that.

Allison said...

I love it. your washer and dryer look so white next to it.

Devynn said...

I LOVE that green. We are painting the kids' bathroom bright lime green in our new house and I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy, but you won't!!!

Nicole said...

I think the green is very cheery and fun. I'd love to do my laundry in your basement! I've heard a lot of good things about cork flooring so I'm glad to hear that you recommend it. :)

Kate said...

Bright green is one of my favorite colors! I love it! I have to say that Emmy is adorable and poor Pat (his eye) and finally your kitched looks so AWESOME!!!! I love the new cupboards! Good job Jessie!!!

Amy said...

Yay! More before and after pictures! Your house is so beautiful! Your laundry room is even more green than my old kitchen!