Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why does something always....

happen when it is too quiet. Today I was helping Hadley with her workbook, when I suddenly realized that it was much too quiet in my house considering I have a 3 yr old. Much to my dismay I did eventually find him locked in our bathroom. Behind that locked door all I could hear was the sound of my husbands trimmer buzzing away. You have to understand that my dear boy Rawley has been talking about having his head shaved ever since Pat had his own done while raising money for cancer. I did eventually get the door unlocked, only to find that he had cut off quite a chunk of hair. My first instinct of course was to get angry and send him to his room. But the curious child in me went and got the camera to take a lovely picture of what had occurred. We then proceeded to fulfill his wish of shaving off his long shaggy hair. I guess that I should be grateful that it was done in the warm spring instead of the cold winter. We had a nice chat about how only mom or dad was to cut his hair, and I am hoping that next time he listens to what I said.

The damage


This is what I found on the counter after getting into the bathroom


And here is my handsome boy now

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, I think I would cry! At least a little. There must be something about this time of year, because this week I've seen 3 posts with kids who did this. Mothers, hide your scissors!

Camille said...

speaking of which, I've got 3 pair on the table next to me....(???) so I should probably heed my own warning!

Allison said...

Hair or no hair he IS handsome.

Jen said...

I'm telling you, he wouldn't be a normal kid if he didn't get in at least one self taught cut before the age of 5. At least it was him and not Hadley. I wish I could shave my dang head.