Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fun in the Sun!!

So while trying to figure out ways to pass the time this summer, Hadley came up with the idea to go on a bug hunt! She just got a bug catcher from the $ store and wanted to try it out. So off we went to the river bottom to see what we could find. The hunt turned up pretty uneventful except for this.



Seriously I didn't know that caterpillars could even be this big! I of course made sure that no one touched it with their hands. Who knows if it was poisonous or not? She did enjoy carrying it around while we threw rocks into the river, attempted a group picture of all of the kids and played at the playground. She was a little disappointed to have to let it go in the end, but I really did not want that thing anywhere near my house!! I am sure that we will have plenty of more adventures looking for bigger and better bugs, but for now I think it was a great start!








We also finished our first session of swimming lessons for the summer and both Hadley and Rawley moved on to the next level!! This was big for Rawley, considering he had to take the last level 4 times before passing. I think he may have finally figured it out! Yeah!!

Now it's time for the fun to begin. August will be busy for us, because this is the month we have planned all of our family trips including a family reunion, a trip to the Tyrell Museum and a week at the condo. More to come on all of those fun things when they happen! Other than that the countdown is on only 5 weeks till school starts!

3 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Oh I wish we could've gone on a bug hunt, that catapillar is awesome! Cute pictures too!

Allison said...

I love the picture of them walking away. I am a huge sucker for that view of a family walking together.

Keep enjoying your summer.

Laura said...

If you want to find some big bugs, you could come back to Indiana for a visit! You know how big they get out here! I can't believe how fast the kids are growing - especially Emmy! Cute!! Still waiting to see a picture of Jessie pregnant...