Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The first days of school!

So I have to say days because Hadley's first day was yesterday, and Rawley went today. Kindergarten here has a staggered entry for the first week so that only a few of the kids in each class go at a time. I think it makes it easier on the teachers as well as the students. All I know is that Rawley was pretty excited to get to class and meet some of the kids he would be getting to know better this year. Hadley's first day was pretty uneventful as well. She was excited to get there to find out who her teacher would be this year and get things rolling. Once it came time for mom to leave I think that she was a little more nervous, she even said she wanted to come home at lunch. I didn't get a phone call so I guess she changed her mind after all. It was hard seeing her sit in a big desk set up in rows, and I was quite shocked when she chose a seat at the very front! I have a feeling this will change the older she gets! She has quite a different group of kids in her class, hopefully it won't take too long for her to make some new friends.


Posing for her first day in the clothes she picked out herself.

Front and center.


I think the look on his face shows just how excited he was for today!


He was so excited to pick out a backpack for school this year! It really didn't surprise me that it had to have Mario on it!



Next week will be the first full week of school for Rawley. I am not to sure how he will adjust to the early wake up time, but I hope by then I have!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cool backpack Rawley, I haven't seen a Mario one before. And Hadley is great at posing LOL!

Julie and Matt said...

Yeah! First day of school. Cute pics. Your kids are getting so big. Good luck with the new addition on the way!