I still need to assemble the dresser (which may take a little while longer, another story entirely) and paint the walls and add a few more decor items including pictures, but you get the idea. The walls are still from when Hadley was in this room 2 years ago. You could say that I have been slacking in that department, but there were other rooms in the house that have taken priority. I will probably have to wait till the baby gets here to finish it entirely. The older kids have eased into the new schedule of school and Rawley is loving Kindergarten Yay!! Hadley is still having a hard time adjusting to her new class, and is insisting that I walk her to her door to line up. I think next week I may start having her walk Rawley in alone, so that she can get the hang of it before the baby arrives. But by that point Pat has offered to start driving them in the mornings so he can deal with it however he chooses I guess. That is all the news so far, I will let you all know when this one finally arrives, but for now I am off to pack my overnight bag for the hospital. Which should have been done weeks ago!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
A Quick Update!
So I am in the home stretch now and thought that maybe a few of you would like to know how things are going. So I am 38 weeks, I know already right! I am actually losing weight and measuring 5 inches smaller than I should be. Which I could take either good or bad. I am hoping this baby is just small and not that I still have another month to go! Trust me I am ready for this one to make it's arrival. We decided that it was time to move Emmy into her big girl bed. And since I am more on the independent side, I decided to assemble the bed myself (with a little help from Grandma Reggie, Hadley and Rawley). Emmy was so excited and last night was her first night in a big girl bed. She did surprisingly well only 1 time out, before we closed her door, but the problem I am finding is that she can now reach her light switch from her bed. I will have to think of a creative way to remedy that! I think I made the right choice in furniture, what do you think?

I still need to assemble the dresser (which may take a little while longer, another story entirely) and paint the walls and add a few more decor items including pictures, but you get the idea. The walls are still from when Hadley was in this room 2 years ago. You could say that I have been slacking in that department, but there were other rooms in the house that have taken priority. I will probably have to wait till the baby gets here to finish it entirely. The older kids have eased into the new schedule of school and Rawley is loving Kindergarten Yay!! Hadley is still having a hard time adjusting to her new class, and is insisting that I walk her to her door to line up. I think next week I may start having her walk Rawley in alone, so that she can get the hang of it before the baby arrives. But by that point Pat has offered to start driving them in the mornings so he can deal with it however he chooses I guess. That is all the news so far, I will let you all know when this one finally arrives, but for now I am off to pack my overnight bag for the hospital. Which should have been done weeks ago!
I still need to assemble the dresser (which may take a little while longer, another story entirely) and paint the walls and add a few more decor items including pictures, but you get the idea. The walls are still from when Hadley was in this room 2 years ago. You could say that I have been slacking in that department, but there were other rooms in the house that have taken priority. I will probably have to wait till the baby gets here to finish it entirely. The older kids have eased into the new schedule of school and Rawley is loving Kindergarten Yay!! Hadley is still having a hard time adjusting to her new class, and is insisting that I walk her to her door to line up. I think next week I may start having her walk Rawley in alone, so that she can get the hang of it before the baby arrives. But by that point Pat has offered to start driving them in the mornings so he can deal with it however he chooses I guess. That is all the news so far, I will let you all know when this one finally arrives, but for now I am off to pack my overnight bag for the hospital. Which should have been done weeks ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yay such a cute bed! Also I'm checking flight for the beginning of October so we'll see when I get there! Hopefully before your baby graduates!
Looks great. Good luck with the babe. What an exciting time.
Glad you guys are doing well and gearing up for another little one! It looks like your summer was fun and that school is going good for Hadley and Rawley. That's all you can ask for right?!?!? Good luck with everything...can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!!!
Aww, Emmy's a big girl. I love her bed. I'm sure you'll do a great job decorating the rest of the room up just for her.
I can't wait to meet your new munchkin!!
Love the bed too....I give you two thumbs up for assembling it too!! You are a pregnant superstar...and I hope all goes well for you and baby....AWWE I love babies!!
Post a Comment