Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This post is long overdue!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have officially finished my first 8K race! It was this past Saturday! I have been training for this one since my very first race back in March and I think that it paid off! The day was beautiful! Not to warm and not a breath of wind! The adrenaline started to flow as we were waiting for the gun start and then we were off! I did this race with my friends Ada and Nicki who also ran the first one with me. I had hoped to finish in under and hour and when the official times were posted I was thrilled to see 52 minutes 45 seconds! I was also thrilled to see my sweet family cheering me on at the finish line! Thanks you guys! I will hopefully add a picture to this post in the near future, but I have to wait for a copy from Nicki!

2 comments:

mags said...

way to go jessie! 52 min. is smokin!

Life as a Kenessey said...

BRAVO!!! That's so great...you are a superstar!