Monday, November 1, 2010

Dear Jessie please update me more often. From Your Blog

I am sure that all of you loyal readers out there are agreeing with the title of this post.  I don't know why but October seems to be my worst blogging month.  I know it shouldn't be because we have sooo much going on, so I will try to redeem myself with this quick post!  The first thing I have to tell about is Rawley's friend party.  I guess it was a good thing I combined some of the celebrating with Addy, because by the day of his party only 2 of the 5 friends he invited could make it!  I am feeling somewhat guilty for limiting the number of invites, but seriously who would want 10 or 15 six year olds running wild in their house for 2 hours?  Not me!!  We had a Mario themed party complete with pin the mustache on Mario, a gold coin hunt, a koopa stomp, and a little Wii of course.  The cake was not my favorite,  not only was my frosting sliding down the sides of the so called 1 up mushroom, but it didn't really resemble a mushroom at all!  Good thing it tasted good!  In fact the cake looked so bad I didn't even take a picture of it! I guess I will have to redeem myself one of these years! Anyone want a Mario themed party? I have to thank my hubby for the awesome Mario and mustaches. We just used a bit of poster tack on the back of them to keep the paint from peeling off with each try and it worked great!




Yesterday was Emmy's preschool Halloween party we went back for the last 20 minutes of class and played Halloween Bingo, danced to Dem Bones and then came home.  Emmy was Little Red Riding Hood.  This was actually her costume from last year, but she changed her mind last minute so she really didn't get a chance to choose anything else.  She sure makes a cute Red Riding Hood in my opinion!


Rawley went as Wolverine and Hadley wore her gi that she used for Judo.  Every year the school does a costume parade so we joined in the fun this morning bright and early! Here is Rawley.


Hadley's picture was so blurry I just couldn't use it! The lighting in the school hates my camera!


I also made the cupcakes for Rawley's Class party.  Brains anyone??


We have trunk or treat on Saturday! I will tell you all about it hopefully before we head to San Francisco for a kid free trip!

2 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Fun! maybe I should update my blog...

Amy said...

Haha, when I saw the title, I thought "Who got ahold of Jessie's password to post that?"
Rawley was too funny at the Trunk or Treat. He came by my vehicle a second time. I said, "Rawley, this is the second time, but you're cute, so o.k.". He came back later for a 3rd try, but that time I laughed and waved bye-bye to him.
I hear ya about the school lighting. All my photos turn out yellowy too.
Don't feel guilty about not inviting a schwack of kids. I wouldn't either. I bet the cake wasn't as bad as you're describing.