Thursday, March 10, 2011

Okay

Yes I am awaiting my 10 lashings for being very very behind on the events that have been happening with us lately.  I think that there has been much procrastination on my part, and since I finally feel a little like blogging I will play catch up and fill you in on the last 3 months!  Wow has it really been that long?  This might take a little longer than I thought!  So I guess I will start with December.  I think I was feeling a little overwhelmed with December and for that reason decided to take a hiatus from blogging.  The month always starts with a bang and goes out with a bang!  Literally!  We were lucky to get to the annual Johansen Christmas Party again.  The kids love this party, and so do I.  Really you can't go wrong with family, friends and good food.  Plus a live nativity and visit from the man in red.  Emmy got stage fright when it came time to do the nativity so she decided to sit this one out with Addy.  Hadley got to be an angel and Rawley was one of the 3 wise men, and Santa did a good job with the gifts as well.  I think the kids were pleasantly surprised how well Santa knows them.

School break was a little different this year.  The kids were out an entire week before Christmas, which made shopping that much more difficult.  I ended up having a lot of late nights to make up for not getting it all done early, but scored a kinect for the Xbox one night because of it.  That thing was tricky to find!  I guess there is one benefit to late night shopping and Walmart being open 24 hours.  I also managed to get one other great deal for Emmy.  She is our girly girl and this year I wanted to find a doll house for her and all of the princesses.  The one I found was perfect and the $40 price adjustment I got after I bought it was even better!  We were lucky to have all of Pat's family home for Christmas.  His sister Devynn came for a month with her 2 boys, her husband Brian was here for a week.  Laura and her family came for a week, Eric their oldest is living here and going to school so that made their decision easy.  The other main reason for the family gathering was to celebrate Christmas with Pat's parents who were serving a mission for our church last year.  It was so nice to see everyone again.  It had been almost 4 years since we had seen Devynn, and we had never met Laura's youngest Marlee who is just a few months older than Addy.  We had a nice low key Christmas.  I love it when that happens! Here are a couple of pictures! I didn't want to overload this post with pictures so here are my favourites.

New jammies on Christmas Eve
The Tree
Addy and Grandpa P, I love that as soon as she got a hold of Lambchop she was in her snuggle mode. I don't think Grandpa minded that much either!

We rounded December up with more partying! We spent New Years Eve with my family opening our name gifts, eating lots and lots of food, playing the Kinect and ringing in the New Year! Always a fun time!

No comments: