Wednesday, April 18, 2007

SpRInG BerRiEs!


I know that this will probably be a pretty boring post but I decided that since spring is the season for strawberries and all of the other wonderful fresh fruits, I would pass on a little bit of advice. A few years ago when Hadley was only about a year old she was eating her favourite treat- Strawberries. She was also wearing the cutest outfit you could ever imagine. When I turned my back to get something she proceeded to dribble strawberry juice all down the front of herself. (I forgot the bib) I was so sad, I was hoping to hold onto that outfit for future use and thought it was ruined. I got on the phone and called my mom hoping that she would have a miracle stain remover (we all know how hard it is to get berry juice out). She wasn't any help unfortunately, but my Grandma Hillyer was in town for the day and when she heard my dilemma she said. Oh! that's easy, just run the item under the hottest temperature of water until it disappears. I was skeptical, but of course tried it. I still have that cute outfit thanks to this advice. This technique works for not only berry juice, but kool-aid, and jello stains. Of course with the white stuff you can still resort to the bleach, but for everything else give it a try you will be amazed. The key is that you have to keep the water running till it is gone. You can't just soak it in a tub.

No comments: