Wednesday, June 6, 2007

HeLP!!!!!

Okay for all of you fellow moms out there with boys, I need all of your great suggestions. Now that Baby #3 is just a few weeks away I need any advice I can to get Rawley using the potty. I have tried everything!!! I know he is ready because he will use it when I ask him to. But the problem I am having is how do I get him to tell me? If there is a miracle book or something that you may have tried I will gratefully accept advice that has worked for someone. This is what I have tried. Potty treats, songs, stories, games. You name it. I know that I may be a little early trying because he is only 2 1/2, but with preschool and the baby I am hoping he can maybe master it at least during the day. Any advice is better than nothing!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Okay, so no one has commented to help you. So I will. I don't have any boys, but I have this friend she potty trains her kids in like a week and they are usually pretty young before 2 years. She gives them something to drink every hour on the hour then she takes them to the potty before the hour is up. They tinkle, then they get another juice as a reward. It's kind of an instant gratification way of doing it and it forces the repeat of the behavior. She immediately goes to underwear or bare bottom. Hope this gives you an idea.

Jessie said...

Thanks Al, we are making some progress. I am hoping that we will be good to go by September.

Jamie said...

i meant to comment earlier....but i have something to pass on that i heard about after mason was already trained- so you can experiment and tell me if it really works. Apparently you squirt some soap into the toilet so when he pees....it makes BUBBLES!!!!! what kid doesn't love bubbles.

Also what worked for Mason...which I really have to give credit to Mason- he just picked up on it quick, but he liked having instant rewards. When he got too good at it and was getting too many treats, i found a package of trucks at target and he would get to pick out a new truck everytime he pooped. And then the long term prize when he was totally potty trained was a bike. Good luck!!

oh, ps... i bought underwear a little early cuz i always seem the jump the gun, but i think it actually got him really excited being able to wear them for short periods of time during the day.

Anonymous said...

oh, I have two boys!
We too bought a package of monster trucks - you poop (with no skidders) & you get a truck!

I had a little tupperware container with M&Ms, mini marshmalls, jelly beans, his favs in it in the bathroom on the shelf.

If he went with me telling him to there were no treats. If he told me he had to go he got a treat. (in the beginning he got a treat for me telling him it was time but I think you're beyond that.)

We went to the store and he picked out about $40 worth of underwear, Cars, Diego, Curious George, daddy gonch (boxer briefs), Bob the Builder. He was so excited to get to wear them and was really upset when he had an accident. I didn't do Pull ups other than bed time even if he had an accident.

It took about two weeks to be fully trained, night time too from the point of where it sounds like you are.

Hope that helps!