



So the day has come and gone. We had an eventful one anyway. Between school parties, swimming lessons and the good old Trunk or Treat which I gladly suggested to our ward Activities Committee I think my kids were all Halloween ed out. We did have unusual weather this year. Halloween usually means the first big snow of the year, but this year it stayed away and was replaced by 100km/hr wind. That is the one thing that I never missed living in Kentucky. It can get so bad sometimes I am afraid that it is going to lift my kids off the ground and carry them away.
This year instead of going on a theme like I have in the past I decided to let my kids choose their costumes. With some bad news for Hadley who wanted to be Princess Fiona. A little procrastination on my part led to us not being able to find the costume to buy, and I was not too keen on making it. (It seems like you can buy the costumes cheaper than you can make them these days) So I convinced her to be a bat and she was alright with it in the end. Rawley was set on being Frankenstein and Emmy was of course a Banana.
We also spent FHE on the 29th carving 2 pumpkins and making some sugar cookies for Rawley to decorate at his preschool party.
All in all it was a great holiday, we all had fun and now it is time to put it all away until next year.
Happy Halloween Everyone!

5 comments:
Your kids look so cute in their costumes - love the spooky pumpkins also!!
I love the banana. She looks yummy enough to eat!
cute costumes, as usual. I also love the quilt they are all in front of, did you make it?
yeah I made it but it was pretty simple it was just a panel that I added borders to. I am making one for Emmy that I will post pictures of when I am done it.
love the cute costumes! ...the quilt in the background is also really cute!
Post a Comment