Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Have you ever....

tried to get the whereabouts of a certain item out of a 5 and 3 year old? I have and it is not easy. So to fill you all in. Sunday morning I brought my Ipod out of the office (where it had been recharging)to put back in our car. I left it on the sofa table in our family room (right in reach of little hands)so I could grab it on the way to church. Of course I completely forgot it because we were running a little late, by the time I remembered it was no where to be found. I looked under the table, under the couches, in every pocket and every bag to no avail. So next I turned to the kids. Have you seen mom's music player? Yes. Do you know where it is? Yes, it's at Grandmas (we haven't been there since last week). No it can't be at Grandmas. Did you put it somewhere? Yes. Can you show me? We then follow R all the way around the house on a wild goose chase. Next I ask H. Did you put it somewhere? No. R took it. Did you see him take it? No. So now I am still empty handed, no Ipod anywhere and no leads on where it might be. All I know is that in about 3 months we might stumble upon it, much to my dismay. Sigh I guess I have learned my lesson. Don't leave tempting things out where little hands can get them.

2 comments:

Kate said...

that stinks jessie!! hey maybe santa will bring you a new one for christmas!

~jen said...

yeah, A usually blames things on C, and vice versa. Sounds just like my house!! =) I like to resort to bribery to get answers, rather than a complete house over-haul...although, in the long run, the latter probably works better, eh? Good Luck!!