Monday, June 30, 2008

Soccer Fest

I had both Hadley and Rawley in the Spring session of soccer this year for the first time. It was nice to see them participate in a sport where they had to use teamwork. They both had a good time and took pretty well to the sport. Hadley got pretty into it. She was always trying to get the ball and make a goal. Rawley on the other hand would chase after the ball, but would never try to take it from anyone. If it was passed to him it was all good. The cutest thing was every time he made a goal he would throw both hands up in celebration and jump around. They wrapped up the season with a final game outside, and then got hot dogs and medals which they both proudly wore home. It will be interesting to see which of them want to play again next year. Here are some pictures from the day.


Chasing after the ball as usual.
Getting his medal. He was so proud!
Hadley waiting for her turn to get on the field.
Poor girl turns bright red like me when she is working really hard!


I didn't get a picture of Hadley's medal because the camera battery died a couple of minutes before. I think it is time to invest in a second battery or just make sure the one we have is fully charged before an event like this one!

5 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Way to go kiddos! How fun for them, I really loved getting medals when I was little!

Allison said...

Looks so fun. I am really looking forward to being a soccer mom.

Kristi said...

What cuties! They've gotten sooo big.

Just Rhonda said...

I debated about putting my kiddo in soccer and then didn't do it. Maybe I should have! Looks like your kiddos enjoyed it!!!!

Kade and Emily said...

You must be so proud of your little athletes! And I love that picture of Hadley waiting to go on the field for her turn.