Earlier this year while I was making my resolutions I included my goal to run in the Moonlight Run. I figured that I would probably never be able to cross that one off of my list, but thanks to some good friends who ran with me I am finally able to say that I have actually done it! It was a 6K race and it started after dark (hence the name) and it is a pretty big race, they have to limit the number of entries to 2500. So the 3 of us joined the crowd of people at the starting line and were off. I must admit that although my time of 44 minutes and 13 seconds is not fabulous for some I am quite proud of my accomplishment! Like I said this is my first race ever! Here's to the next race coming up in June! I just hope I am a little better prepared for it, 8K is a little intimidating!
Before and After the race.


It must be a good sign that we are smiling at the end right!
3 comments:
That's GREAT. Good Job Jessie! Maybe I can be a runner too someday.
So proud of you Jessie! Maybe one of these years I'll join you haha!
Great Job Jessie!! What a fun thing to race at night. Be careful, running is very addicting and before you know it you'll be doing much longer distances than a 6K! :-) Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment